• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Building sticks

K1white3

So I have a feeling the answer I will get is DIY because I’m posting in that section but.... is it better to build a few sets of sticks or just buy them outright? Looking at the helium’s. Is the markup on them so high I’d save a substantial amount (over $20) or not worth the difference? I was checking out double steps.com and it seems that they have everything you would need right there. Would just need a paint job. Any advice?

So I have a feeling the answer I will get is DIY because I’m posting in that section but.... is it better to build a few sets of sticks or just buy them outright? Looking at the helium’s. Is the markup on them so high I’d save a substantial amount (over $20) or not worth the difference? I was checking out double steps.com and it seems that they have everything you would need right there. Would just need a paint job. Any advice?
Look at my thread on custom stixs

You will spend way more than $100 (hawk cost) to build your own sticks. Prob close to double. If you are going for cost effective I don’t think you’ll do better than heliums. I have APIs which were also a great budget stick but can’t get them anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely the only way to DIY sticks cheaper is if you can make certain parts yourself. If you can save on the button stand offs and steps you may be ok. I can get aluminum tube at a decent cost. But everything else would be too much. The up side is you can set custom step height.

Likely the only way to DIY sticks cheaper is if you can make certain parts yourself. If you can save on the button stand offs and steps you may be ok. I can get aluminum tube at a decent cost. But everything else would be too much. The up side is you can set custom step height.

Yeah no chance of being able to make myself. Looks like helium’s it is!

After you've gotten some time in on them. There's a couple good threads on here about modifying them if you consider doing that. Also @DaveT1963 has some you tube videos on it.

Back