• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Buy once, get $&@! from the old lady once?

Deadfox

Need yalls all mighty opinions on some quality clothing. I have a good base layering system but everything else is lacking. Need to start getting ready for next season now so the wallet can catch its breath.
Brands or specific articles are welcome. Thanks in advance for helping me spend more money lol.

Are you looking for late season? Or the total package?

I bought some Sitka (fanatic) gear and have been extremely happy with it. It was between that and first lite. I got a better deal on the Sitka. Extremely warm stuff.

I will buy more Sitka when I get money saved up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have a lot of kuiu and I really like it, also have some sitka and Its really good too. Don't over look Cabelas stuff either. I usually wait for sales and browse camofire a good bit. KUIU will usually have a couple sales a year and good stuff in their outlet from time to time. KUIU is having a sale now BBSAVE18 fro 15% off and I think blackovis is having a sale on sitka.
It also depends on what you want out of your system. Ive heard sitka has better stuff for stand hunting but I like Kuiu's stuff because its great for dumping heat and its warm for a good bit of our season here in GA.
Its expensive building a good system but if you do it along and along it docent hurt as bad! lol

Want to try for a hole package and well rounded for both ends of the season. I’m in VA so it can get pretty hot in bow and freezing during late. I’ve heard great stuff about Sitka, kuiu, and first lite. Anyone use Huntworth?

I have cabelas octane and have used it the last 3 seasons. Pretty content with it. They have camo for all phases of deer season.

No such thing as buy once cry once in any hunting gear. Something will come along you will just be chomping at the bit to try. I like first lite, had a lot of Sitka at one point but sold it all after I got a few first lite pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking for late season? Or the total package?

I bought some Sitka (fanatic) gear and have been extremely happy with it. It was between that and first lite. I got a better deal on the Sitka. Extremely warm stuff.

I will buy more Sitka when I get money saved up.

Have been a fanatic for three or four years!! Great gear!!

Want to try for a hole package and well rounded for both ends of the season. I’m in VA so it can get pretty hot in bow and freezing during late. I’ve heard great stuff about Sitka, kuiu, and first lite. Anyone use Huntworth?

Try some Sitka. You won’t regret it. Don’t pay full price though. Early season they’ve got the ESW series I believe it’s called and late season you’ve got the fanatic. Then you’ll find some excuse to buy some stratus and Celsius and before you know it you’ll have enough to start renting it out to your hunting buddies lol

I’m in VA and went with First Lite this season. I love the stuff.

I’m in VA and went with First Lite this season. I love the stuff.
Not sure you could go wrong with any of those. I use Sitka for outer and both Sitka and first lite for base. Merino wool socks. Make sure outer layers have windstopper. Just my opinion, I'm sure guys kill bigger bucks in colder weather wearing jeans and flannels!! Lol. (Yeah, I watch Dan's videos)

I can’t recommend the stratus line from Sitka enough. It’s probably their most versatile system. I’ve been able to use it from 50s down to 20s with quality layers. Early season I wear equinox pants. The wind stopper in Stratus is key and they design their outerwear to be layered so don’t feel bulky. I upgraded to the stratus bib this year as well and they are great. Only thing I plan on adding is Celsius midi and fanatic jacket. The fanatic bib prolly little to warm for me.

Another Kuiu fan here. Just bought some tiburon pants. I have a few of the tiburon shirts that I’ve been wearing for early season. You feel every little breeze. Coolest shirt I ever wore. Figured with the pants I’ll feel naked! I have plenty cold season Kuiu gear. It’s all I will buy now. Love it all!

Another Kuiu fan here. Just bought some tiburon pants. I have a few of the tiburon shirts that I’ve been wearing for early season. You feel every little breeze. Coolest shirt I ever wore. Figured with the pants I’ll feel naked! I have plenty cold season Kuiu gear. It’s all I will buy now. Love it all!

I really didn't think I would like the fanatic vest. I think it is essential. I wore it under the fanatic jacket with just a Cabela's medium weight ecwcs top. That was all I needed down into the 20s.
I think I'm going to combine it with the Sitka heavyweight core top. It should get me down into the 40s without using the jacket.

Last edited:
I like kuiu tiburon when it's hot.
For cooler weather I like Sitka. I've found the fanatic lite series to be my go to. With base layers it covers 50's to low 30s but I can go lower with the fanatic vest overtop. Plus I think it is the quietest.

Not sure you could go wrong with any of those. I use Sitka for outer and both Sitka and first lite for base. Merino wool socks. Make sure outer layers have windstopper. Just my opinion, I'm sure guys kill bigger bucks in colder weather wearing jeans and flannels!! Lol. (Yeah, I watch Dan's videos)

This is exactly what I do. FL base and Sitka outers. Darn tough socks

Back