• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Buying the right one stick help

Jasonejt

Oct 11, 2021
I’ve read forums and watched videos but need help on what or which one stick build would be the best to buy. Just undecided on what’s the best option and what to go. I currently use the standard lone wolf sticks (4 of them 32” long) and a tethrd platform and wanting to go with the one stick method. Any help I would appreciate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hauscaliber

Jul 14, 2018
I have a muddy pro stick so I updated it with the EWO ultimate platform and EWO bottom standoff and doublestep with a sewn two step aider. It's pretty sweet. I haven't tried anything else but I can't imagine it being much better.

Reactions: phatkaw

phatkaw

SH Member
Feb 23, 2021
Western Pa
Screenshot_20210717-120756_Gallery.jpg
Went through all these and more...

Screenshot_20220820-143915_Gallery.jpg
Settled on this customized Muddy Pro with a flat Scout and EWO parts. :hearteyes:

Exhumis

SH Member
Mar 12, 2019
Northern Virginia
That’s difficult to answer as there’s many options and features folks require. You could jump on the saddlehunter map and try and find someone close to you to try one out. Barring that try one sticking with just one of your sticks. And see if you like it. Then go from there. Modify one of your existing sticks or build out a new one. That’s the downside to one sticking, you just gotta pull the trigger on something. If you don’t like it you’ll most likely be able to sell it. I’ll offer my advice if you’re a heavier person, say 230ish and up go with a stick that’s heavy duty or purpose built. Many folks try hawks but they’re aluminum is very thin where the foot pegs attach. You haven’t lived until you have a foot peg snap off and you smack face first into a tree. Exhilarating.

Reactions: phatkaw

cincyprostheticguy

SH Member
Feb 8, 2022
I like the trophyline wingman with cam cleat and one stick rope.. alot of people prefer the ewo stand offs but i haven't bought those yet for mine

2Sloe

SH Member
Feb 2, 2021
Virginia Beach VA
AOL
s3gator@aol.com
I would focus on what style of topper you want on it and go from there…. I have an EWO so I’m obviously a little biased or I wouldn’t have bought it, but I think people will agree that EWO standoffs are hard to beat. Also if you can get a top with the top standoff integrated into the platform it lends quite a bit of overall stability to the top and the whole stick in general. My EWO UP top doesn’t move or wiggle at all when it’s on the tree….solid. Lot’s of good choices out there and I’m sure you will be happy with whatever you eventually land on. Good Luck!

TheBlindCat

SH Member
Apr 9, 2022
I haven’t hunted with mine yet, but have played with both.

I bought a 12” EWO with UP platform and 3 step 15” aider, it’s dope. I like the short steps between aiders. My only issue is that in bulkier clothing I think the short stick and UP will cause some shin banging issues. I am tempted to replace it with a 15” stick.

I cut down a mini beast stick to 12”, using the same standoffs and steps, and added a cam cleat and 3 step aider, I plan to use that on longer sits with a Predator platform. I’ve used it this summer for hanging trail cams at 10 feet and it’s awesome.

Micneador

SH Member
Sep 19, 2020
Sapulpa, Ok
I built mine off of a stick I already had, added EWO platform, standoff, and double step. Look for a good aider. I wasn't crazy about the EWO aider I had, bought one that Matt from TX5 made himself and fell in love with it. Ended with a 16" tube from an API stick, ewo standoff/step with the 15" spacing 3 step aider, harken cam cleat, EWO one stick amsteel rope, and EWO UP platform. I have no intentions in changing aside fro. Maybe getting the EWO flat UP