• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cabelas Wooltimate

Kuenro02

I'm in need of some new cold weather camo. I'm really interested in the cabelas wooltimate based on reviews and the price. Anyone know which is warmer between the pullover vs the jacket? Is that stuff pretty seasonal, their website doesn't have much currently. Do they still make the tall pants, I'm 6'4", the 32" inseam will be like capri pants on me.

I'm in need of some new cold weather camo. I'm really interested in the cabelas wooltimate based on reviews and the price. Anyone know which is warmer between the pullover vs the jacket? Is that stuff pretty seasonal, their website doesn't have much currently. Do they still make the tall pants, I'm 6'4", the 32" inseam will be like capri pants on me.

I bought sets for me and my son after xmas last year for 50% off. I bought us both the jacket. I considered the pullover but, liked the idea of the jacket being easier to get on and off. I held both and I don't think there would be much difference in warmth. With that said, I read somewhere last year that the wooltimate series was being discontinued. A quick google search turned up this: https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/19862-wooltimate-w4most-windshear-discontinued/

I like the pullover as I can put my hands together inside the kangaroo pocket with a hand warmer in there. The Wooltimate is pretty good material, I can shake the snow off and dry it out in camp most of the time. You can find Wooltimate on E-Bay from time to time. A lot has changed at Cabela’s since Bass Pro acquired them.

I have the cabelas O2 octane line. I usually wear the mid weight stuff in anything between 40-55 degrees and the heavy weight stuff over that in anything 30s and below. Its pretty warm but of course I run a base layer as well so it cant get all the credit.

I had the wool pants and jacket a few years ago.. warm stuff..fit well... dont wear it into your setup if it’s a long walk stuff retains heat

Is that stuff pretty seasonal, their website doesn't have much currently.
I have to wonder if a lot of the Cabela's branded stuff is on its way out since the buyout by Bass Pro. I was in a Cabelas store here in Michigan a while back and noticed much of the Cabelas logo wear was gone and a lot of the "Cabelas" brand stuff was not available in lieu of more traditional, mainstream names, North Face, Columbia, etc.

I ordered the pants and jacket on sale in October. The jacket was backordered and they said they were not discontinuing but it would be 30+days before it was in stock.

I got a vest and pullover off ebay for about the same price as the jacket.

I think the camo pattern works well, stops the wind, pretty quiet, and it is warm. Definitely don't wear it until youre at the tree, it's heavy, doesn't breathe, and a magnet for sticks, burs

I've the the pullover and vest. I am very pleased thus far. Water repellent and good for warmth. I feel the sizes run true/slightly larger and the XL I bought was perfect for going on top of layers. The kangaroo pocket in the from is awesome!

I love my wooltimate jacket! If it really is getting discontinued I’m about to go hoard some up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the wooltimate jacket and vest. Both have seen extensive use from me here in northern Michigan. I have been using the jacket for several years now but just picked up the vest this year. I wasn't sure about the vest but it was been worth it here this year in our cold, wet windy November.

I almost forgot the neck gaitor and stucap are winners in my book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back