• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cain Method with Tethrd Saddle?

Flying G

Can you just clip a biner on the waist strap of the saddle and hook into the wild edge step instead of a rigger belt? Can you add a D ring to it? I'm just looking for suggestions. I have a lot of limbs on the trees I hunt and this the best method of climbing for me.

Thanks!

Could you run your linesman really short between your linesman loops then attach your carabiner to the linesman rope? At least you know those are rated.

I wouldn't clip into your waste belt, it just opens up possibility of disconnecting the buckle on accident. I also don't think it was designed to be used as an anchor point.

@Jtaylor has a good idea and it doesn't involve purchasing any extra gear.

Another thought is just add a secondary bridge if you want but its not necessary if you already have a tether and lineman belt. They should both be climb rated and paired with a climb rated biner.

I tried a cobra d link on the belt. If you attach there it wants to pull the saddle to your arm pits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A riggers belt keeps you tighter to the tree and should have no metal to metal contact. As long as it keeps your hips close, and doesn't slide, anything rated should work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back