• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cam Cleat lost Bearings

RMcDonald7

SH Member
Well, lost some bearings to my cam cleat... Its a schaefer. Can you get replacement bearings or anyone know what size b.b's they are?
or scrap it and buy another?

Got an Ace Hardware or similar nearby? Most have a loose parts section and carry ball bearings of various sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, lost some bearings to my cam cleat... Its a schaefer. Can you get replacement bearings or anyone know what size b.b's they are?
or scrap it and buy another?

Harkin has rebuild kits.

Schafer, I don't see that. But, if you find your Shaefer cleat you'll likely see it uses "Delrin(tm) Ball Bearings". So probably replace with appropriate sized Delrin(tm) Ball Bearings if that's the case.

Harkin uses Delrin as well or Torlon TM ball bearings depending on load rating. You can find replacement ball bearings for those for less than a couple bucks online.

But, before I would do anything, I'd reach out to Schaefer for guidance.

I ordered some 4mm bearings off amazon. That size seems to be the most common. I emailed Schaefer and have not heard from them yet. i'll try these and see if they fit.

Back