• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cam cleat questions

ketch22

SH Member
Hey, I’ve got a buddy who just got into saddle hunting. He’s decided that he is going to dedicate himself to one sticking.

When his stick comes, im going to give it a shot. If I like his, ill convert my Novix sticks for one sticking by adding a double step to the top of one of my sticks and a cam cleat. Obviously that’s a bare bones way to do it without ordering a complete one stick.

My question is, if I go that route, can I continue to use that stick normally with the cam cleat? If so has anyone added them to all their sticks. To me it almost seems like the fastest (although not lightest) method of attaching a stick to the tree.

Is there sometime missing here?

Hey, I’ve got a buddy who just got into saddle hunting. He’s decided that he is going to dedicate himself to one sticking.

When his stick comes, im going to give it a shot. If I like his, ill convert my Novix sticks for one sticking by adding a double step to the top of one of my sticks and a cam cleat. Obviously that’s a bare bones way to do it without ordering a complete one stick.

My question is, if I go that route, can I continue to use that stick normally with the cam cleat? If so has anyone added them to all their sticks. To me it almost seems like the fastest (although not lightest) method of attaching a stick to the tree.

Is there sometime missing here?
I use 1 sticks with cleats.
I don’t use them on sticks…they should work but gets a little spendy.

No issue using it like a normal stick with the cam cleat. I will suggest, though, that when you use it for 1-sticking, you have rope around the tree at an angle, so it pops loose when you lift it up. If you leave it on the tree in anticipation of stepping back onto that stick from a higher point, get the rope more horizontal so as to prevent kickouts or other mishaps while climbing down.

Disregard if you're rappelling.

Back