• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Camo cameras

public_land

I haven't used game cameras much but I intend to use a few for pre-season scouting. Anyone have some pics of how they camouflaged their cameras? I will be hanging cameras on public land and don't want to lose them to theft.

I already plan to hang them high.

Thanks in advance.

Camo duct-tape base, then cut out sensors and lenses, hot glue bark onto camera, get some thin bungee cord to use as attachment to tree.
Just do a youtube video search - lots of good options.

Attachments

• trailcam0.jpeg
    trailcam0.jpeg
    513.5 KB · Views: 127
Not really camouflage, but I put them about 8-10’ up. I slide some broken off vegetation around the straps and I put one of these fake antennas on lol

uxcell Black Magnetic Base Truck Vehicle Car Roof Mount Decorative Aerial Antenna https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LQ6PSQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Bl9JDbZ0PFPEE

I’ve ran 5 on public land for the past 4 yrs from April-January. Haven’t lost one yet... now I probably will:disrelieved:

I hide mine by the placing them up high, and WAY out of the way of other hunters. This is one of my camera sets as an example, and I even left the door of the browning open so you can see it better...

a58248ec247aa98a840a341c870126fa.jpg

d14294fc584f4e1df30ede84c367faf0.plist

This requires 4 bolts to get to, and this tree leans in a really wonky way. It sits about 16 feet up, and has been in the same spot for 2 years without a single person noticing it on a HEAVILY hit public piece.

The main things I think contribute to the lack of attention are
1.) height
2.) 500+ yards to the nearest access trail
3.) not directly over sign, but on an access towards it.

If I didn’t like the look of a camera i would just tape over the vital components and sponge paint it... dip a sponge or loofa in spray paint on a paper plate and dab that on the cam body. Layer a couple colors.

The Trail camera book that QDMA published shows some very creative examples of cam camo. Some guys even glue slivers of bark to the case. The camera disappears...looks like part of the tree.

Back