• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Camo Canyon Elite

fraggs

Man, I wish I knew this was coming before I bought the red and blue version.

Anybody have any concern with the original version and it's visibility to deer.

(Hoping someone can talk some sense into me before I blow another $70 on rope)

Are the deer rappelling too? Unless you've got the standing end swinging down around the base of the tree (which you shouldn't unless you're actively rappelling), it won't matter one bit. If you're part of a hunting party, having a loud colored rope may even get you bonus points.

I keep my tether/rappel rope in a fleece pouch of the hip of my saddle. I only take out what I need to tether to the tree and leave the rest of the rope in the pouch. Once u start rappelling down the tree the rope feeds out of the pouch on its own. No need to ever let the rope dangle down to the ground. If a deer sees it up in the tree u busted anyway

The color of the original, while not Camo doesn't look that noticeable in the woods. The movement of walking down the side of a tree is going to get a lot more attention than the color of your rope. That 70$ is going to find it's way to buy another piece of gear I'm sure.

He's 40' of Canyon C-IV in a Tethrd SYS pouch. The Canyon Elite is supposed to be a softer rope and would take up less room. I use the stuff sack method and it pays out fine.
20210630_144606.jpg20210630_144617.jpg

The Canyon Elite is supposed to be a softer rope and would take up less room.

^^^ That's just 'marketing'... (the part where they're advertised as 9mm rope)
I have both and the C-IV measures 8.9mm and my camo Elite measures 10.5

Both of those that I have are 40' and the C-IV feels a lot smaller all wrapped up, but looking at them you can't see the difference.

Last edited:
That's interesting. I was a little bit surprised at how robust the elite feels in comparison to 8mm oplux.

And, you're right about the color not really making any difference.
I guess I'm just more concerned with my overall setup.

Even after learning the basics of deer vision 101, I somehow ended up with a blue ropeman1, a couple of blue carabiners, a blue beal jammy, blue rappel rope

I feel like I'm not doing much to help myself from not getting picked

But maybe I'm over thinking it

That's interesting. I was a little bit surprised at how robust the elite feels in comparison to 8mm oplux.

Even after learning the basics of deer vision 101, I somehow ended up with a blue ropeman1, a couple of blue carabiners, a blue beal jammy, blue rappel rope

I know the green in C-IV glows under UV light, not sure about the orange. Still debating if it's worth treating it with UV Killer or letting it go....

I wouldn't stress over a bit of blue, @BCHunter did ok. :)

Back