• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Camo form tape

BCHunter

Vendor Rep
Mar 10, 2016

Maustypsu

Oct 5, 2015
Put two in my cart. $14. Plus $10.50 for tax and shipping.
Almost offended to pay that but I'm not driving 45 minutes to pick it up at the nearest Tractor Supply store.

But 120' of camo form would cost a lot more even after the shipping. So great find.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
Put two in my cart. $14. Plus $10.50 for tax and shipping.
Almost offended to pay that but I'm not driving 45 minutes to pick it up at the nearest Tractor Supply store.

But 120' of camo form would cost a lot more even after the shipping. So great find.
Yeah, that is 60 foot of 4" for 7 bucks plus shipping. The camo form lite is 8-10 bucks for 8 foot of 2".

Maustypsu

Oct 5, 2015
I still have some sets of 20 foot sticks. The kind that are usually about $50 but Sportsman's Guide some times has for $30. I use some camo form light on them last year until I realized I just burned $20 of tape and didn't even finish one set. to do them right, the tape would cost as much as the stick. I had found a type of medical tape that was a grey shade of woodland camo (clearly just a generic print). But close to the color of tree bard in the shade... this stuff will take the place of that this year. and I can finally do the rest of my sticks without spending 67% of the purchase price on the tape.

Reactions: MCDM

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
But I happen to have a Tractor Supply 1/2 mile from my house :)
That 4" would be quick for covering sticks.

Just got some....really interesting product. It is in the vet/grooming section with the horse stuff. It is a lot more stretchy with a slight sponginess but still very thin. It hardly takes any to cover climbing sticks being 4" wide and stretchy.

I'm putting it on my sticks. Seems good. I also have a PVC tube quiver I'll use it on.

Last edited:

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
IMG_1046.JPG I covered 4 short sticks with a little more than one roll. Wrapping a few times builds up a nice cushion.

Time will tell how it ages but it seems very durable and more rubberized so I expect it will be fine

Waymore

Oct 25, 2014
I need to do some sticks. I was going to get stealth strips. How does that compare?

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
It would just depend upon how many wraps you did. Stealth is good for covering odd shapes spots but if I can wrap something, I go with co tape. Faster and WAY cheaper

boone0

Sep 28, 2014
Is camo form the same as the medical self adhesive tape? I have a million rolls of those hanging around.

Has anyone wrapped ameristeps or carabiner with camo form, or is it not durable enough?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Oct 3, 2014
Savannah, GA
FACEBOOK
g2outdoors
TWITTER
g2outdoors
YOUTUBE
G2Adventures
I've wrapped multiple carabiners with it. It's definitely durable enough. You'll probably have to reapply every season or two.

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
It depends upon the use of the carabiner. Best bet is to leave friction points bare so the rope or webbing doesn't bind up.

Other than getting worn off by rappelling or rotating in your bridge, it lasts a really long time.

I wrapped the paws on my NewTribe and that has lasted two seasons

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
Is camo form the same as the medical self adhesive tape? I have a million rolls of those hanging around.

Has anyone wrapped ameristeps or carabiner with camo form, or is it not durable enough?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes, I just reapply when needed. That's why I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to the hunting stuff, I love it.

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
Dec 2, 2014
Yes, I just reapply when needed. That's why I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to the hunting stuff, I love it.

I know it sounds like I have a sock fetish, not too unlike you CROC boys, but if you will cut a small hole in the toe, slid in on above your tether, then pull id down and over once you are locked and loaded it really does hide the ropeman1 very well. And kids socks are cheap and easily replaced. Just a simple solution so you don't have to keep messing with tape and reapplying - been there done that.