• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Camo question

BigB

Nov 21, 2019
Erlanger, Ky
So I am looking to get new camo. I am really intrigued by ASAT camo. I have watched bunch review videos and was impressed by what I saw on video. Does anyone have any real world experience with it while hunting whitetails from a saddle?

Seems as if they are sold out of a lot of items on the website. I don’t know if anyplace in KY that sells it I don’t recall honestly ever seeing in a store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew13

Sep 11, 2014
Maine
Yes, I often wear ASAT while hunting from my saddle. Love it. I have a set of lightweight merino from first lite in ASAT and also the ASAT leafy suit. Have shot some deer using both.

I recommend getting the leafy suit - it’s pretty inexpensive and you can wear it over stuff you already own.

Reactions: Murph4028 and BigB

Murph4028

Vendor Rep
Jan 2, 2019
North Carolina
It does sell out quick. On the website there is a dealer locator. There are also items for sale on eBay if you can find your size. The quality you get for the price you pay is outstanding. There is an item for just about any condition/environment.

Reactions: BigB

JC3

Mar 26, 2019
Have been using ASAT leafy for 15+ years.
I had a coyote at 5 FEET this year turkey hunting (wind was good) looking for a meal.
RIP Wiley.
Have had deer "look thru me" often times.
It's not more popular because the TV guys don't wear it, and it doesn't look cool in public.
I use the leafy set, the nice thing is, it is cool in the early season and you can bulk up in the cold weather with non camo clothes underneath.

Reactions: Murph4028