• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Can anyone recommend a good set of shoulder straps?

Sorry this is my first year saddle hunting so this may be a dumb question but my curiosity got the best of me. Why would you need shoulder straps? Now i have a molle ii harness that you can pretty much modify to do what ever you want. I put mine on a summit climber and it made a world of difference.

I have a trophline saddle. It came with shoulder straps built in but the were lousy! I cut mine off,went to Home Depot and purchased a set meant to be used with a tool belt. Just find what works for you.
You don't need them to hunt but they do a great job hitching your saddle up while walking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ones I have are military molle mesh style, I just looked them over and found a small tag that says condor. I bought mine on ebay years ago pretty cheap, they work great, no metal at all, comfortable, n lightweight.

stl tree hugger said:
Sorry this is my first year saddle hunting so this may be a dumb question but my curiosity got the best of me. Why would you need shoulder straps? Now i have a molle ii harness that you can pretty much modify to do what ever you want. I put mine on a summit climber and it made a world of difference.

Not a dumb question at all and I typically wouldn't use shoulder straps for saddle hunting but I recently switched up my climbing process and need a set of shoulder straps to keep the saddle on me and to keep it from falling off when climbing.

I switched to climbing a tree with 1 muddy climbing stick and 1 climbing aider. It takes some practice but it's the most lightweight setup I've been able to find. I set my stick at around shoulder height and then attach the aider to the bottom part of the stick. I climb up the aider, then up the stick, and secure myself to the tree using my rope strap just as if I were hunting from the saddle. I then put all my weight on the saddle and move the stick and aider up the tree. I mount the stick near head height and relieve the tension from my rope strap (which is why I need the shoulder straps because my saddle would fall off of me without them) and again climb the aider and the stick. Once I'm at the top of the stick I again secure myself to the tree with my rope strap and repeat the process until I'm at my desired hunting height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back