• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Can I use a full body harness?

lukepighetti

I have a Hunter Safety System harness, it has loops for a lineman's belt. Can I use this instead of an arborist harness?

EDIT: HSS states that the harness is not a fall restraint device if the rear tether is not attached to the tree. So it seems the answer would be no.

Last edited:
I have a Hunter Safety System harness, it has loops for a lineman's belt. Can I use this instead of an arborist harness?

EDIT: HSS states that the harness is not a fall restraint device if the rear tether is not attached to the tree. So it seems the answer would be no.
I used one like that befOre I realized they made hunTing saddles. It was a lot like you'd think of a fat man hanging by a g string. It wasn't comfy, probably not safe, and I wouldn't really advise doing it. With that said though, there really aren't any rules. I do stupid/dangerous stuff all the time in an effort to learn something or try something new. Bottom line is that is YOUR life in your hands. People depend on you, care for you, and would be sad if you weren't around.everything has risks. I will do almost anything if I have given it honest thought and decided it is worth the risk. I try to ensure my own safety, but I am fully aware that ANYTHING can happen at ANY time. So mess around with stuff. Try something new. But don't be a bonehead. Be safe and have fun. Learn something
Oh, and also:
Never do anything I say. I'm just here to advocate poor decision making when it comes to common sense.
A little tongue in cheek, obviously. But seriously, think outside the box. Try stuff. But don't get hurt or hurt anyone else. Safety first, right?

Last edited:

Could you? Maybe. Should you, definitely not. They are designed for completely different things. I also would not recommend an arborist harness. Arborist harnesses are designed for work and recreation. Hunting saddles are designed for hanging motionless for long periods of time.

Back