• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Can someone explain toe hooking?

Mvmnts

I bought a gen 1 predator platform, and tethrd says they are good to go (and lighter), but I should avoid toe hooking on it. What is toe hooking? Sounds like when you kneel on the seat of a hang on stand and then uncam it with your toe to lock it down further and then cam it back in place while stepping on it. Is it similar to that or something else entirely? Thanks!

You almost got it, it’s when you want to recam it so you place one foot on top of the post, reach down with your other foot and pull up(hook) the platform with your toe to uncam. Then while keep weight on top of post recam the platform with your body weight on it. This helps to get a more solid lock on the tree.

Sent from parts unknown

okay yea, in a hang on there is a platform to kneel on. with the predator you stand on it. okay. That's exactly what I imagined. thanks!

Back