• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Can wrong size saddle cause hip pinch?

SouthMsBowhunter

I’ve hunted with my Kestrel size 2 now for about 6 hours total. And although not unbearable I have noticed the hip pinch people reference.
My question is can having a size to large contribute to the pinch.

For reference sake I have a measured 34.5 waist and a measured 40” derrière :tearsofjoy:

My bridge is currently set at 30” after first trying 26-28”

How much size difference is there between a 1 and 2?

I am a 36 waist. I had a size 1. The size 2 was much better.

Do you hav a back band. It evens out the pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I went with 34 in bridge and changed the whole feel. Minor adjustments go a long way. Try a little longer bridge

Yes sir, back band in use and does help. I also weigh about 185 at 5’11”

Tether is currently above head high.
Just found the thread showing the size difference, not sure a size 1 would work it appears to small.

It looks like a case of “Goldilocks” This ones to large and that ones to small but none to try to say just right!

In my opinion I wouldn’t do anything until you have 15-20 hours in the saddle. Your body will get used to a significant amount of the pressure. You’re likely feeling a combination of sizing/tether height/bridge length/body position, in addition to your muscles not being told where they will sit during the hunt.

If you’ve never used a foam roller to stretch muscle fascia and reposition/massage muscles, that’s essentially what you’re doing. If you have, you’ll understand.

Patience, and then incremental changes one at a time until you dial it in.

In my opinion getting your body used to being pressured comes first, then fine tuning.

Back