• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cancel kestrel order for mantis?

DeadEndStreet

I ordered a kestrel 7/19 and read on here that delivery dates keep getting pushed back further and further. I also saw on aero hunter's Facebook page that they got evacuated due to wildfires, which is going to cause even more delays.

This will be my first year in a saddle and really want to get familiar with it before the season starts. I wanted the kestrel(still do) but heard that the mantis is a great saddle too. Should I wait it out and hope the kestrel arrives before the season or order a mantis instead? I'm not sure on what the mantis's delivery time looks like now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

g2outdoors told me that if I ordered the Mantis today I should have it by mid August

I ordered a kestrel 7/19 and read on here that delivery dates keep getting pushed back further and further. I also saw on aero hunter's Facebook page that they got evacuated due to wildfires, which is going to cause even more delays.

This will be my first year in a saddle and really want to get familiar with it before the season starts. I wanted the kestrel(still do) but heard that the mantis is a great saddle too. Should I wait it out and hope the kestrel arrives before the season or order a mantis instead? I'm not sure on what the mantis's delivery time looks like now.

I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered 7/17. Was told it would ship out by 8/3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If I were in you’re shoes, I would post on the classifieds, looking for a kestrel just like you ordered. Then if it comes through cancel & if not keep your place in line. I know mantis is getting close....... just my 2 cents. Can’t hurt, may save a few bucks initially. You can always order a mantis & resell the used kestrel for about what you paid for it.

I got the same issue. I ordered early July and I just got an email saying it would be mid to late october bacause buckles were backordered. I guess I probably should have thought ahead more.

I got the same issue. I ordered early July and I just got an email saying it would be mid to late october bacause buckles were backordered. I guess I probably should have thought ahead more.
Wow that’s crazy, definitely pick up a used one in classifieds. Or order a mantis, 3rd option would be buy a kite & mod the buckle.......

We got two Kites last week and are really enjoying them. I have a friend who has the Kestrel. The differences are the buckles and weight difference. IMO one is as good as the other. I would watch the classifieds.

I just called new tribe and talked with debbie. They have been without employees for a week due to the wild fire evacuations. She said she was able to go in herself today and catch up on things. She also said that they are still doing everything they can to get my order shipped out by August 3rd. (Order 1894, placed July 17) She did say there might be a slight delay, but assured me it will arrive in August. As to the leg buckles. She said they are very difficult to get, and they will not be able to get them until September. I'm a little disappointed by this because that was one of the selling points on the kestrel for me. She did say the frame buckle is a nice system and does unclasp easily. I have a line up on a new "used" size 2 kestrel. Guy says he's never even hung in it. I ordered a size 1 but I think the 2 would work. I'm between a 32-34 waist. I just don't know! I think I'm just gonna wait out my order. Anyway, I thought I'd give ya'll what information I could.

If it’s any consolation the leg buckles in the kestrel aren’t a deal breaker, if they put the ones from the kite on there instead it would be ok. As long as that isc waist buckle is unchanged...... I enjoyed that one. Stepping through the legs doesn’t seem to bother me. A size 2 at a good price would be solid as well. The bridge loops will just sit farther forward, not a bad thing either.

If it’s any consolation the leg buckles in the kestrel aren’t a deal breaker, if they put the ones from the kite on there instead it would be ok. As long as that isc waist buckle is unchanged...... I enjoyed that one. Stepping through the legs doesn’t seem to bother me. A size 2 at a good price would be solid as well. The bridge loops will just sit farther forward, not a bad thing either.
Cool thanks. He said $200 to my door. I mean, that's what I paid for mine right from new tribe (minus shipping). He does claim it to be new though. If he comes down a little I may consider. So with the size 2....will I be able to cinch the waist belt tight enough? I have a small butt and don't want it loose.

I have a size 1 I would trade for a size 2 if it didn’t work......that’s pretty much same deal w/o compromising leg buckles.

I'm actually in the same boat. I ordered a new kestrel in a size 2 and new tribe also told me August 3rd. With the current situation over there and wanting to try a mantis anyway, I just placed my mantis order today too. Hopefully all goes well over at new tribe.
My hunting season doesn't begin until October 1st and I still have a kestrel size 1 to hunt out of. So looks like I'll be fully stocked on saddles come Sept, hopefully!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you already own a kestrel I wouldn't sweat it the kite offers no real advantage over the Kestrel outside a small weight savings. In fact I prefer the kestrel over the newer Kite. Still waiting on my mantis to give that a good review.

I agree, I watched your video. I gave my son my kestrel size 1, so I bought a kestrel size 2 for me. I'm not ordering a kite, I ordered a mantis to check it out.
Just hoping everything goes well with new tribe and the wild fires

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you already own a kestrel I wouldn't sweat it the kite offers no real advantage over the Kestrel outside a small weight savings. In fact I prefer the kestrel over the newer Kite. Still waiting on my mantis to give that a good review.
X2

I ended up buying a kestrel size 1 used on here. Gonna keep my other kestrel on order at New Tribe as well though. The one I bought on here didnt come with a linesmans belt or tree tether. You guys think that I could get away with using two Hunter safety system tree straps as the linesmans belt and tree tether? I'm just getting into this so my setup doesn't need to be state of the art or anything.

I ended up buying a kestrel size 1 used on here. Gonna keep my other kestrel on order at New Tribe as well though. The one I bought on here didnt come with a linesmans belt or tree tether. You guys think that I could get away with using two Hunter safety system tree straps as the linesmans belt and tree tether? I'm just getting into this so my setup doesn't need to be state of the art or anything.

I've read guys do that. I'm new to this as well and I want to feel as comfortable as possible. I ordered some sterling htp rope from r&w rope online to make lineman belt and tethers. I got like $30 bucks in rope. I'll pay that for peace of mind.

Sounds like a plan, I’d just order the tether & lb from tethrd.......good value

Back