• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carabiner advice

I would stick with one that has a round cross section. Not one of the flatter shaped ones. Hope my descriptions aren't too hard to follow. The rounder ones allow the Ropeman to grip more evenly on the rope IMHO.

I was using double acting gates like my steel tree cutting ones but have come to prefer screw gates for hunting.
Good luck, lots to choose from.

I would stick with one that has a round cross section. Not one of the flatter shaped ones. Hope my descriptions aren't too hard to follow. The rounder ones allow the Ropeman to grip more evenly on the rope IMHO.

can you tell me the name of a carabiner you have in mind ?

It might be kind of an off brand. I'm not an expert on such things. But it's plenty sturdy. With full weight on it, the gate is not being pulled against. I'm sure there are lots of options out there.

Back