• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carbon synergy?

Huntorbhunted

Has anyone used the carbon synergy products? Would like to here from some scent control gurus and what there thoughts are with them. Including John Eberhardt. The guy that developed them is a chemist. I listened to a podcast and he claimed that to reactivate carbon it cant be done in a dryer. And that after its used to capacity its basically garbage unless heated to 1200 degrees at witch point the clothing would be ashes. His product is a powder that you can use dry or put it in water to impregnate your clothes with. Then in week or so just wash the garments and repeat the process.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Has anyone used the carbon synergy products? Would like to here from some scent control gurus and what there thoughts are with them. Including John Eberhardt. The guy that developed them is a chemist. I listened to a podcast and he claimed that to reactivate carbon it cant be done in a dryer. And that after its used to capacity its basically garbage unless heated to 1200 degrees at witch point the clothing would be ashes. His product is a powder that you can use dry or put it in water to impregnate your clothes with. Then in week or so just wash the garments and repeat the process.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Check the other thread on Eberharts scent control...I commented on your question over there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I used carbon synergy two years ago. Heres the process I used:

1) Wash all clothing with scent free soap.
2) line dry.
3) dip clothes in distilled water/carbon synergy mix. (including base layers, socks, underwear, everything)
4) line dry.
5) Remove clothes from the line wearing scent free gloves and place them in scent proof bag.
6) Get to my spot one morning, put on carbon treated base layers and boots with gloves on.
7) Dress with carbon treated outer layers once at my tree, including face mask/etc. No sweating involved. Hunting at about 25 ft. up, steady wind, flat ground.
8) 9 am, a doe and fawn come in down wind, 40 yards, and they smell me and spook. They did not see me or hear me, only smelled me.
9) Throw carbon synergy in the trash can.

It sounds like a great idea, but it just didn't work for me.

I used carbon synergy two years ago. Heres the process I used:

1) Wash all clothing with scent free soap.
2) line dry.
3) dip clothes in distilled water/carbon synergy mix. (including base layers, socks, underwear, everything)
4) line dry.
5) Remove clothes from the line wearing scent free gloves and place them in scent proof bag.
6) Get to my spot one morning, put on carbon treated base layers and boots with gloves on.
7) Dress with carbon treated outer layers once at my tree, including face mask/etc. No sweating involved. Hunting at about 25 ft. up, steady wind, flat ground.
8) 9 am, a doe and fawn come in down wind, 40 yards, and they smell me and spook. They did not see me or hear me, only smelled me.
9) Throw carbon synergy in the trash can.

It sounds like a great idea, but it just didn't work for me.
Even a packs absorb our stink.......what I hunt with has to be clean. I'm with you too much for me to worry about. Fred Bear never had scent lock. With today's apps and using milkweed its easier than ever to know what the wind is doing. Carbon works but its not fun for me to worry about cleaning "everything" like that. To me it's fun to keep an eye on the wind like the old timers with today's apps. Woodsmanship is what I love...I feel a great sense of accomplishment killing deer with that.

Back