• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carbon tubing for diy stabilizer

JSEXTON23

I’m about to build a couple stabilizers and wonder if anybody has done this? Do you have any tubing left over that I could buy?

What epoxy did you use? What adapters for the bow side and weight side screws did you use. Pretty set on carbon fiber tubing and wanted to see if you have any scraps before I buy from dragonplate.com

How did you cut your pieces? Did you leave it 24”?
I used a band saw and taped where i needed cuts. I actually think i bout a 36" piece and made 2 10" and 2 8" stabs from it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Finished product
b7a36656a46a047d356163254ab35589.jpg

What adapters did you use?
Adapters?

The stab consisted of the tube, 2 pieces of 1/2 aluminum round bar i tapped for 10-32 for the damper end for wieghts, that i epoxied in and the connection end for 5/16-24 and a bolt. I ground the head off enough for it to slide into the carbon tubing

Adapters?

The stab consisted of the tube, 2 pieces of 1/2 aluminum round bar i tapped for 10-32 for the damper end for wieghts, that i epoxied in and the connection end for 5/16-24 and a bolt. I ground the head off enough for it to slide into the carbon tubing

I don’t know that I follow you on some of that.

Aluminum round bar stock tapped with 5/16”x24 for the stabilizer to screw into the bow, right?

Same bar stock tapped with 10/32 for a screw, but I’m not understanding the “cut off the head to slide in the tube part.

I bought some tube from dragonplate, and also some 5/16x24 tube end weld nuts with a .625” o.d. flange to epoxy into the tube. That should work, right?

Sounds like it should. I ground the head of a 5/16 bolt off because the head would not fit into the tube. Its easier to understand with pics but ibdont have any on my phone lol. Sorry

Sounds like it should. I ground the head of a 5/16 bolt off because the head would not fit into the tube. Its easier to understand with pics but ibdont have any on my phone lol. Sorry

So your tube has a small inside diameter, smaller than the .625” for the tubing I purchased?

Was .625 od and i think .5 inside but cant remember

Was .625 od and i think .5 inside but cant remember

Gotcha. Appreciate the feedback. I’m excited. I purchased a bow press to do my own work and figured while I’m at it, build a few stabilizers. I bought 48” braided .625 id .750 od tube.

I’m going to make 2 @ 12” and one @ 24” for target bow.

Back