• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying a 1 stick with turkey vest

gameflogger

SH Member
Any of you guys carry a one stick with a turkey vest? I want to make a setup for my son with a badlands turkey vest.

I stash the one stick in the pouch between the straps with the standoffs pointing away from me. I put my outer layers on top of the one stick above the bottom standoff. The layers help keep the stick in position and fill the gap above the bottom standoff so its not pressing so hard against the pouch.

1700686454894.png

I stash the one stick in the pouch between the straps with the standoffs pointing away from me. I put my outer layers on top of the one stick above the bottom standoff. The layers help keep the stick in position and fill the gap above the bottom standoff so its not pressing so hard against the pouch.

View attachment 95532
Do you use a stand alone platform with this stick?

I do. I use the stick to climb and I use the EDP to stand on. I leave the stick on the backside of the tree at my 10-11 o'clock position so that I can walk around the tree to facilitate shooting to my weak side.

I do. I use the stick to climb and I use the EDP to stand on. I leave the stick on the backside of the tree at my 10-11 o'clock position so that I can walk around the tree to facilitate shooting to my weak side.
Thanks, I am torn between the UP and a stand alone. I currently have the Crows Nest and I really like it, but would like to be able to turn around back to tree

I used a turkey vest early season as inspired by @boyne bowhunter . It had some advantages I liked. Few things I didn't.
DRT rope set in their nicely with a platform. I had a hard time extracting my platform when at height. I'm sure more practice would have helped. Or different vest. But it will be tried again for sure.

I used a turkey vest early season as inspired by @boyne bowhunter . It had some advantages I liked. Few things I didn't.
DRT rope set in their nicely with a platform. I had a hard time extracting my platform when at height. I'm sure more practice would have helped. Or different vest. But it will be tried again for sure.
In colder weather when I have so many outer layers in the pouch (as in the first pic), I pre-pull the platform most of the way out on the ground before I start to climb. It makes it pretty simple to get out once I get to height. One of the nice things is that once at height I can take my time putting on my outer layers as I cool off since they're all suspended in the pouch right in front of me.

Back