• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying and quieting treesteps

MOBIGBUCKS

Anyone have any ideas or products that might help quiet down treesteps for the haul in and setup? I have some EZ rod steps for my platform and occasionally a full setup. I'd like to find one of the trophyline step belts but haven't had any luck. I thought about a camo tape but doubt that would hold up. Any ideas?

Stealth strips... Hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried stealth strips on something like this (and I love stealth strips, Lou was very helpful and a great guy), and I don't like stealth strips for an application where there is a lot of friction. When the strip wears off it leaves a mess of gluey residue. I prefer to use a cloth wrap like camo form and re apply it when the old stuff gets damaged. I made it through most of last season before I had to re-apply last year.

redsquirrel said:
I tried stealth strips on something like this (and I love stealth strips, Lou was very helpful and a great guy), and I don't like stealth strips for an application where there is a lot of friction. When the strip wears off it leaves a mess of gluey residue. I prefer to use a cloth wrap like camo form and re apply it when the old stuff gets damaged. I made it through most of last season before I had to re-apply last year.

Like the stuff you can put on gun barrels? Not a bad idea.

Do you wrap over your steps where you place your foot?

I used camo duct tape on my lone Wolf sticks and it worked great. Also did the tube over the buckles. Just ordered the hawk steps and will see what will work best for them.

MOBIGBUCKS said:
redsquirrel said:

Like the stuff you can put on gun barrels? Not a bad idea.

Do you wrap over your steps where you place your foot?

Same stuff, but I use the camo form lite. Yes I wrap the entire step except only as much as I can where the strap goes through. It definitely wore down but I was pleasantly surprised how long it lasted.

1dae5fbce7809d6456016b012d3fa395.jpg

Basically, I stole Davet's idea of the sock on the step, cut a hole in a coozie and slid the step through. I then put a girls hair tie over the step. Also, I put the girls hair ties over the metal feet od my LW sticks as well.

a7192cdd8d6961f02546fa3b59d2ff8e.jpg

On a side note; I hated the rattle I got from my OTC buckle so I cut some plastic washers in half and slid them in place. Works great and no rattle.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back