• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying crossbow with JX3 Hybrid

tullybluejay

Brand new to hunting from a saddle. Just hunted out of my JX3 Hybrid for the first time this morning. Might be a silly question, but asking the crossbow hunters using the JX3 how you carry your crossbow in the field. I am used to having a sling on my back to carry mine. I walk about a half mile, which is a ways to go carrying a crossbow in your hands. I did attach a strap to the frame behind my right shoulder. The strap comes over my shoulder with a carabiner attached on the end. The carabiner hangs down to about my chest and I attached it to the butt of the stock on my crossbow. My crossbow then hangs down my front. This was still very uncomfortable.

Couldn't find any information on the forum about this topic. After I finally got to my hunting spot, I had some buyer's remorse for not buying a different type of saddle. This was really my only real disappointment in the JX3 after actually using it in a real hunting situation.

Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Don't give up, keep searching this site. There are a lot of guys on here with great ideas.
I have a JX3 as well. And I've had several other conventional saddles. The JX3 is one I always go back to. The only other saddle I have now besides the JX3 is a DIY 2 panel.
Look for kyler1945, he has done a lot to his JX3. Probably get some great ideas from him.
Good luck

I dont have a crossbow, but could you install a narrow strap sling which secures through the plastic pack frame openings and hangs off the back over top of the folded up seat? Seems like one strap could be used along the top to support the bow and then something lightweight maybe a bungee across the bottom to keep the bow from bouncing while you walk.?

Back