• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying sticks and platform

Mschmeiske

SH Member
I was curious how everyone carries their platform and sticks? I’ve always used a LW assault and sticks and had them strapped together. This will be my first year using a saddle in field since I tagged out before I got to my kestrel last season. I’ve got an XOP platform and 4 LW sticks to carry until I get my 4 beast sticks!

I strap my 4 lone wolfs to the outside of my pack. It works but they can catch branches on the way in. Maybe making some type of shoulder strap for the sticks would be worth a try.

I forgot to mention I use 3 wild edge stepps as my platform and they fit inside my backpack with the sticks strapped to the outside

Im interested as well. Im looking for a new pack that can fit everything plus jacket, layers, bibs and gear for winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im interested as well. Im looking for a new pack that can fit everything plus jacket, layers, bibs and gear for winter

Mystery Ranch Pop Up 28

I switch up on carrying a pack it's not until later in the season generally the pack will come out (longer sits and carrying extra clothes in) until then all my gear will either be in my bino case (Alaskan gear) or strapped to my sticks, including my plate form. The rubber straps that lonewolf offers seem to serve the purpose well. The shoulder strap I use to carry this is actually a old linemans belt off a tree saddle. I went to the auto parts store got one of those seat belt comfort pads and taped it on,Leo's the strap from digging in your shoulder. Planning on doing the same with the WE steps bag

I switch up on carrying a pack it's not until later in the season generally the pack will come out (longer sits and carrying extra clothes in) until then all my gear will either be in my bino case (Alaskan gear) or strapped to my sticks, including my plate form. The rubber straps that lonewolf offers seem to serve the purpose well. The shoulder strap I use to carry this is actually a old linemans belt off a tree saddle. I went to the auto parts store got one of those seat belt comfort pads and taped it on,Leo's the strap from digging in your shoulder. Planning on doing the same with the WE steps bag
Why not!

Great idea here

I can even see bungeing one layer to it as well

Thanks!

Why not!

Great idea here

I can even see bungeing one layer to it as well

Thanks!
Early season I can get away with strapping a light jacket on the sticks. Later in the year when your talking multiple layers or wools(which I love) then a pack is nice.

I know its pricey but I like the sitka tool bucket. All my gear is organized and i can reach in easliy to grab anything - even in the dark. I can also strap my sticks to the outside of the pack using the straps on the pack.

Put me in the pricey pack crowd, to me it is very high on the list of essential gear items. Getting in 1/2 mile of so you can get away with slinging stuff over you shoulders and carrying gear in both hands. For getting in deep and carrying platform, sticks, and cold weather clothing, a decent size pack with some kind of frame/suspension is basically necessary to justify over the lighter weight treestands which double function as decent haulers themselves.

I'll post the photo for seemingly the millionth time but this is my early season setup with that pack.

Sticks in load shelf, clothes and gear in the pack, platform strapped in with the compression straps. Compact and balanced, proper weight distribution fundamentals.

2xzCl1B.jpg

Put me in the pricey pack crowd, to me it is very high on the list of essential gear items. Getting in 1/2 mile of so you can get away with slinging stuff over you shoulders and carrying gear in both hands. For getting in deep and carrying platform, sticks, and cold weather clothing, a decent size pack with some kind of frame/suspension is basically necessary to justify over the lighter weight treestands which double function as decent haulers themselves.

I'll post the photo for seemingly the millionth time but this is my early season setup with that pack.

Sticks in load shelf, clothes and gear in the pack, platform strapped in with the compression straps. Compact and balanced, proper weight distribution fundamentals.

2xzCl1B.jpg

Mine was similar. I had my platform with sticks and then bow in compression straps

I would get the 28 but to me i wish it had the bow hauler and horizontal straps like the alps hybrid x. It seems to me it would be a pain to separate the frame from pack to get to the sticks and plat form at base of tree but I do t have access to any pack so its hard to buy by looking online only. I also see that cabelas also makes these types of packs now.

The
I would get the 28 but to me i wish it had the bow hauler and horizontal straps like the alps hybrid x. It seems to me it would be a pain to separate the frame from pack to get to the sticks and plat form at base of tree but I do t have access to any pack so its hard to buy by looking online only. I also see that cabelas also makes these types of packs now.

The compression straps on the MR28 can wrap around the pack to hold the bow. They are a male/female

Used the strap as a belt for platform and I'll probably carry it like this. It's so small and light you do t even know it's there. One less thing to strap to my pack.

20180828_204145_zpswap1sxpc.jpg

Back