• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying sticks/predator without a pack?

Crazy4bucks

Just wondering what guys are doing to carry your sticks and platform in without a pack?

I’ve seen some that have put rope straps onto their platform and carry it like a back pack. Sticks on a sling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen some that have put rope straps onto their platform and carry it like a back pack. Sticks on a sling.

Sounds like a Sam Jackson flick...
Anyway, I’m pondering this myself as my Predator should be arriving this weekend, and I may try my LW stick-quiver with a Yeti cooler sling I have laying around. I’m also wondering if I can’t sling them to my pack anyway, as it’s still at least 10# lighter than my stand.

Just thought...versa-straps or DC webbing as backback strap(s) girth-hitched to outer sticks?

Sounds like a Sam Jackson flick...
Anyway, I’m pondering this myself as my Predator should be arriving this weekend, and I may try my LW stick-quiver with a Yeti cooler sling I have laying around. I’m also wondering if I can’t sling them to my pack anyway, as it’s still at least 10# lighter than my stand.

Depends on the pack and the sticks, but the answer is yes in most cases. I’ve done everything from bungee cords to molle to using the compression straps.

for predator platform use the strap as a shoulder strap and carry everything else in the sys haulers sticks on one hand bow on the other. But traveling less than a mile

Depends on the pack and the sticks, but the answer is yes in most cases. I’ve done everything from bungee cords to molle to using the compression straps.

LW sticks with a small 2-pocket backpack, for what it’s worth.

I used my teather to sling my LW sticks a few times last season. It worked, but I hope to be satisfied with my Cranford rope steps this year.

7aea0f30966a10ec0762f867a4356440.jpg

This Haversack holds the predator with some Nite Eze gear ties. Flap folds over it. This is sling over one shoulder while the modified Hawk sticks are in a sling slung over the other.

Gonna try a few things and make up a couple back straps for the predator and figure out how to attach the sticks. Same principle as a tree stand. I want to keep everything behind me for getting through the thick stuff. Anyone else try something like this.

Gonna try a few things and make up a couple back straps for the predator and figure out how to attach the sticks. Same principle as a tree stand. I want to keep everything behind me for getting through the thick stuff. Anyone else try something like this.
Any luck with this?

It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one

Could be a Murse = man purse

Not to be confused with Male Nurse which is also a murse

Don't know about the platform, but i have seen where a couple of people put their climbing sticks in a bag chair bag and carry them in that way.

Back