• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cell cam question???

chismgoodrich

Looking into getting some more cell cams but the monthly rate is so dang expensive. Is there any company that you can pay a set amount and have unlimited cameras.
TIA

The spypoint links are on the cheaper side of cell cam prices and they do 100 free pics, per camera a month. Hard to beat. I have 6 and in the past I had issues with two that just wouldn’t work, that being said, I reached out to spypoint and within 10 days I had replacement cameras so there customer service is pretty darn good at least from my experience.
image quality isn’t great but if you pay $5 you get 50 hd pics of your choosing. Select the photo you want hd quality and on the next transmission it sends the hd quality.

Last edited:
Cuddeback has the cuddelink system where one camera connects to another and you only need a plan for 1 camera. I have not used it just saw an ad

Cuddeback has the cuddelink system where one camera connects to another and you only need a plan for 1 camera. I have not used it just saw an ad
Yes, i have it and you can have up to 24 cameras all checking into one cell base station type camera. The catch is that all 24 have to be in rather close proximity to that base cam. Couple hundred yards typically.

I have been buy Reveal cams lately and the pics are much better than the Cudde cams and it only costs $5 per month per cam for service. Seems plenty affordable to me. That will get you 250 pics per cam but all your cams sort of form a pool so if one cam takes 150 pics in a month and another takes 350 its all good.

FWIW I’m running 9 Cuddelinks, some are going on 3 years old now. For those on solar they’ve been running continually… last year I put new rechargeables in them although the original batteries were still working. Knock on wood good success so far.

FWIW I’m running 9 Cuddelinks, some are going on 3 years old now. For those on solar they’ve been running continually… last year I put new rechargeables in them although the original batteries were still working. Knock on wood good success so far.
How far apart do you run them? Do they all have to have cell service all the time? Pros/cons? Been very interested in these cams for a while

How far apart do you run them? Do they all have to have cell service all the time? Pros/cons? Been very interested in these cams for a while
Range varies a lot depending on leaves / terrain / line of sight etc… at one point I had one on a ridge getting signal from another maybe 450 yards away in the valley. But currently all have strong signal at closer ranges maybe 200-300 yards. As long as they’re all finding each other only home base needs cellular service. Or you could just have home base as your back yard and not use cellular. They miss some triggers but then again most of my cams are elevated so that’s to be expected. The cell pics aren’t very high resolution, but pics on the card are good.

For the money, I don’t think there’s a better system for my property than Cuddelinks set up with solar power. Those cams out there feeding me pics have taught me a ton. I’ve still not shot my target buck, but several times I’ve seen that he’s 60 yards away from the tree I’m in and I keep losing the dice roll!

On the cons side, shaded areas won’t work with solar and you’ll have to setup some battery packs, this isn’t the system to use if you want high quality close range videos, and you have to plan to see if you can string the cameras close enough together to cover the area you intend. There’s also a bit of a learning curve to everything but the facebook group is helpful.

Back