• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cellular trail camera advice

ARdeerjunkie

I'm wanting to purchase a cellular trail camera and would like to know if anyone has a recommendation based on their experience with one.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I don't have experience but will be buying a couple for next year. From almost everything I have read, the spartan gocam is the best. It has a 2 year warranty, can be used with Verizon or AT&T at less than $10 a month, and has an awesome app too. Only negative I have heard is the trigger speed is slower than others.

I have a covert code black AT&T and had tons of problems at first but it works great now. Really nice to have but frustrating lol. Bucks are always there when I'm at work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, the code black is on sale at fifield feed & seed.com for $299 which is a good price for a cellular. I've bought from Bernie at fifield in the past & he goes above and beyond to make sure his customers are happy.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I have a covert code black AT&T and had tons of problems at first but it works great now. Really nice to have but frustrating lol. Bucks are always there when I'm at work!

What problems did you have? Did they have to send you a new one or did you work the problems out?

What problems did you have? Did they have to send you a new one or did you work the problems out?

It would stop sending pics every four days. My best guess is service would drop out and it wouldn't connect again and it killed the batteries. I did a firmware update and it's been flawless since then. I was ready to box it up and ask for my money back but luckily it's good now. Just hope it stays that way lol. It takes great pics and I get them about a minute after they are taken.

It would stop sending pics every four days. My best guess is service would drop out and it wouldn't connect again and it killed the batteries. I did a firmware update and it's been flawless since then. I was ready to box it up and ask for my money back but luckily it's good now. Just hope it stays that way lol. It takes great pics and I get them about a minute after they are taken.

Ok cool. I don't mind if a firmware update fixes things. It's when they are pieces of junk that I hate them lol. I'm been thinking of picking up a cell cam.

Ok cool. I don't mind if a firmware update fixes things. It's when they are pieces of junk that I hate them lol. I'm been thinking of picking up a cell cam.

Between me and my buddies we have four cell cams and they all work fine. Mine was actually the only one to have problems. We have probably around 20 covert cams between us with very few problems. Mine have been working great for three years now.

Between me and my buddies we have four cell cams and they all work fine. Mine was actually the only one to have problems. We have probably around 20 covert cams between us with very few problems. Mine have been working great for three years now.

Nice. Thanks for the info! :D

I would look into the spartan cell cameras. My pro shop i go to swears they have been great. Im pretty close to the owner who has 3-4 of them and they have been flawless in operation and the photos look great.

I plan to buy these this year for those hard to reach big buck areas i have been waiting to get in on!!

Back