• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Changing Broadheads

HuntNorthEast

So I will make this short and sweet. Bought QAD Exodus 125gr swept heads and needless to say once I had them out of the box I was disappointed. With the naked eye you can see every one of them is manufactured out of balance.

Next, does anyone have experience with SlickTrick Viper Trick SS heads? They look insane and along the same style I was looking for.

I have shot the viper trick for several years with good performance. Prior to them discontinuing the Razor Trick I shot that head.

So I will make this short and sweet. Bought QAD Exodus 125gr swept heads and needless to say once I had them out of the box I was disappointed. With the naked eye you can see every one of them is manufactured out of balance.

Next, does anyone have experience with SlickTrick Viper Trick SS heads? They look insane and along the same style I was looking for.

Here is the rumor of the Exodus that steered me away, I wonder if it is true of yours. With broadheads, typically there is slop on purpose in the threads (the shaft/threads are not super tight in the insert....you can wiggle the point pretty easily until it is tightened down). This is a good thing for folks like me that square the end of their arrow and then square the installed insert because the broadhead "head spaces"/aligns/whatever on that squared surface and the threaded shaft has less ability to "steer" the broadhead out of alignment due to the insert being drilled slightly off square, etc. As soon as I read that about them 2 different places, then I stopped considering them.

I'm going to Magnus Black Hornets this year, most likely. Among the mainstream heads (not high dollar like Iron Will), they have a reputation for spinning very true and have a great warranty and customer service. I did consider Slick Trick though and have heard nothing but good things about them.

Last edited:
All the exodus I've had have spun and flown as well or better than any other head I've shot.

Not to say your's don't have issues.

FWIW, I've never shot the viper tricks but have killed a pile of deer with slick trick standards and magnums and they've always been great. Super sharp, fly great and they hold together well.

They aren't straight, put em on the arrow and the wobble off of the main axis. One side is heavier than the other 2. Tip is cocked.

Do you have an arrow squaring tool and square both ends of the arrow and then the insert (using the silver sharpie....black sharpie for inserts....trick?). This really helps me. I have the Lumenok tool.

Do you have an arrow squaring tool and square both ends of the arrow and then the insert (using the silver sharpie....black sharpie for inserts....trick?). This really helps me. I have the Lumenok tool.
Arrows are square. You can see it in the heads without an arrow attached they are that much off.

Back