• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Changing clothes while in a saddle

treefox 1

SH Member
Hey Guys, is there a technique to changing clothes while in a saddle,like removing a sweated base layer etc,

Ugh I am new to saddlehunting and...whew it's tough.
I had a comedy scene one night in Ohio trying to put my spurs back on...spinning recklessly around the tree...lol

Ugh I am new to saddlehunting and...whew it's tough.
I had a comedy scene one night in Ohio trying to put my spurs back on...spinning recklessly around the tree...lol

Went thru that a bit myself - mostly fear that I’d drop one. I find putting one in the tree and then bending my knee up into it helps. The trick is to get ur lineman’s belt back on and you won’t spin like a ballerina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most guys add layers at the bottom of the tree or once they are through climbing. If you are going to actually change base layers I would do it at the base of the tree before climbing. I usually hook my linesmans rope back up If adding or removing bottoms. I think this is why @Erniepower started using a platform. It’s easier to stand on to add layers compared to a ring of steps. If wearing something like insulated bibs you can put them on before climbing and just leave them unzipped. I rarely have to add layers though. So far this year I’ve been soaked every time I’ve worn my scent lock savanna suit. This next week we will have highs in the 50’s so I may even get to break out a hoodie.

I put my bottoms on at the base of the tree, so I only need to put on the tops which is way easier.

I don't do anything with bottoms, what I've been doing is stand up, pull tether tight, attach line man's belt pull into tree,then work at it is this a good way or is there a better way to do it?

I do it all up in the tree as needed. Even removed boots the other day to add heavier pants. I even put on a HBS in the tree. Key is a platform! When I remove boots, it's one at a time and I hook my bow rope to it in case I bump it.

I do it all up in the tree as needed. Even removed boots the other day to add heavier pants. I even put on a HBS in the tree. Key is a platform! When I remove boots, it's one at a time and I hook my bow rope to it in case I bump it.

HBS in the saddle....I didnt think it was possible. I love my HBS but i bought the Firstlite sanctuary bibs and jacket to replace it. I didnt think I could saddle hunt with it on. Please let us know how it is.

HBS in the saddle....I didnt think it was possible. I love my HBS but i bought the Firstlite sanctuary bibs and jacket to replace it. I didnt think I could saddle hunt with it on. Please let us know how it is.

I modified my hbs to make it more saddle friendly. Works great in my opinion.
HBS Mod

My son hunts in a HBS modified similiar to @kenn1320 . He actually just hunted in it this morning. I was cold and jealous.

Back