• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cheap climbing rope?

AdamDSmith

Stupid question, is there such a thing? I'm seeing all kinds of cheapo rope on Amazon but....

It could be fine but..... in all seriousness I would wait to catch a sale at one of the known sources to buy life support gear. It’s one of the most critical components of your setup

Stupid question, is there such a thing? I'm seeing all kinds of cheapo rope on Amazon but....
Stupid question, is lthere such a thing? I'm seeing all kinds of cheapo rope on Amazon but....
Ask my old grandpappy used to say the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked you can try Blue Ox and also tree stuff they got good prices on ropes and they got different types of ropes!

Ask my old grandpappy used to say the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked you can try Blue Ox and also tree stuff they got good prices on ropes and they got different types of ropes!

What's this Blue Ox you speak of?

3ft per prusik and make each eye loop with a fisherman knot that way you can adjust the prusik length by leaving the tag ends short or long!
Sorry my bad pursik don't have eye loops I don't used pursik I used a VT or a distel knot with a micro pulley for a one hand operation less costly then using a ropeman1 or ropeman2 you should look at the you tube for different alternatives!

Depends on your definition of cheap...

If you are looking for budget ropes I would look at arborist forums, them boys know their stuff when it comes to ropes and rigging safely..
That being said I have used sterling htp and now using Samson predator and at just over a buck a foot I consider that a pretty affordable option.. I got 25 ft of Samson predator with a coupon code and free shipping it was only 22.95.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I use tubular webbing for a tether, which is strong and cheap, but lacking in durability compared to climbing rope. I use it with an 18kn buckle, and religiously inspect it for signs of wear.

Forgot to mention Samson predator is spliceable as well, I have about 33 bucks not including ropemans into a 9ft tether with a about 5inch eye on 1 side and about a 1 or 2 inch eye on the other side and a 9ft linesman belt with a 5 inch eye on 1 side.
8c434e4c37a70871db36738e0e1efff8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's the safest stuff out there but the muddy lifeline is 35 bucks for 30ft and comes with 2 prusiks. I cut it up to attach my climbing sticks to the tree with it and i use it as linesman belt. Website says rated to 300 pounds

Back