• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cheapest place to buy Amsteel

okccj

Hi guys,

Any good deals right now on amsteel?

I'm wanting to make a bridge so I'm not sure, but I think 1/4 is what most guys are using for bridges.

I have 3 x 7.5 foot sections of 1/4 amsteel I was using for stick rope mod, but I went a different direction on climbing method, also have a fid if you need. would sell or trade if interested.

I have 3 x 7.5 foot sections of 1/4 amsteel I was using for stick rope mod, but I went a different direction on climbing method, also have a fid if you need. would sell or trade if interested.

private message sent.

EBay, look up synthetic winch rope.
Is this really the same thing as amsteel? I am new to saddle hunting and wanted to use rope on my knock off steps instead of the heavy clips. I would be willing to get this if I knew it was safe. Just trying to be cautious. And cheap, of course

Its probably perfectly safe. But its not Samson AmSteel-Blue which is the gold standard that we normally recommend around here. There are a few things I don't go gamble and go cheap or no-name on and that's my tether, my bridge, and carabiners. You don't need a whole lot of AmSteel for a bridge, worth the few extra pennies in my mind.

Is this really the same thing as amsteel? I am new to saddle hunting and wanted to use rope on my knock off steps instead of the heavy clips. I would be willing to get this if I knew it was safe. Just trying to be cautious. And cheap, of course
Amsteel is a brand of dyneema rope. The synthetic winch ropes are a dyneema fiber rope as well. I use these winch ropes for multiple things including hanging my sticks. I use a webbing bridge but would feel safe using this product for that purpose. There are other members on this site that use the winch rope. Remember no matter which brand or material you use follow the recommended splices or stitch material/patterns. Test from the ground and be safe.

Its probably perfectly safe. But its not Samson AmSteel-Blue which is the gold standard that we normally recommend around here. There are a few things I don't go gamble and go cheap or no-name on and that's my tether, my bridge, and carabiners. You don't need a whole lot of AmSteel for a bridge, worth the few extra pennies in my mind.
Amsteel is a brand of dyneema rope. The synthetic winch ropes are a dyneema fiber rope as well. I use these winch ropes for multiple things including hanging my sticks. I use a webbing bridge but would feel safe using this product for that purpose. There are other members on this site that use the winch rope. Remember no matter which brand or material you use follow the recommended splices or stitch material/patterns. Test from the ground and be safe.
Okay, sounds good. I want to use it for my climbing steps. I will test, test test! Thanks so much.

Back