• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cinnamon Rolls

Yeah, recipe needed!
I don’t need the recipe, just invited to hunt with him in Iowa next year after drawing points for 5 years…he can make me some of those cinnamon rolls every morning before taking me to his best stand locations . It will be like hunting with the Lakosky’s…I’m not asking for much, but I’m not coming begging for the sticky bun secret recipe that his great grandmother gave him, that would go against his family’s oath of sworn secrecy. :grinning:

Those look good. No recipe?
Sorry, forgot that part.
Dough is
4 cups flour (I use bread flour)
2 1/4 t instant rise yeast (we buy it by the pound but that’s one packet)
1/2 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 cup warm milk (I use whole milk and heat it up until just before it’s boiling, never measured what temp it is, hurts if I put my finger in it)
2 eggs
1/3 cup room temp butter
Mix that all up let rise until it’s about double
Roll it out and spread filling which is
1 cup brown sugar
3 T cinnamon
1/3 cup room temp butter
Roll, cut, put in 9x13 pan, let rise
Cream cheese icing is
6-7 T room temp butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
2 oz cream cheese
T milk
350 for 18-22 minutes
Enjoy

good recipe
made these on saturday when it was monsooning outside
they worked out great, brought them to a party yesterday, warmed them up and added a scoop of ice cream on top
nieces and nephews chowed down and gorged themselves on these rolls
I had to go around 35 min to get them to brown, maybe my oven is off
worked well, very labor intensive, worth the effort

good recipe
made these on saturday when it was monsooning outside
they worked out great, brought them to a party yesterday, warmed them up and added a scoop of ice cream on top
nieces and nephews chowed down and gorged themselves on these rolls
I had to go around 35 min to get them to brown, maybe my oven is off
worked well, very labor intensive, worth the effort
Glad they worked out for you, they are quite a bit of work but we think it’s worth it too. My son is going to town on some right now, requested for his birthday today.

Back