• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cleaning ropes

Ehlusive

So, how often do you guys clean your ropes? I went all season and never cleaned any of mine. I only get to probably hunt 30 sits a year. Do you guys just soak in tube or actually run in washing machine? I know there are various ways of doing things. Along with using detergents and such.

I usually replace my tether after at most 2 seasons, so I can't say I clean that.

However, I am going to purchase some detergent specifically for ropes for my SRT rope. It's obviously much longer and ergo more expensive. I've only used it a few times this year, but I did notice the section around the girth hitch getting pretty dirty. I plan to look into that a little more as I want to be sure that particular rope will dry well.

You may want to reach out to the manufacturer of your specific rope to see if washing is recommended and what to use.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back