• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing for fleece saddle guys ?

eightwgt

Question. So I have my fleece saddle, RCH, tether... how do you guys climb and setup ...Do you hook your linemans strap/rope to the RCH when climbing, setting up ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Question. So I have my fleece saddle, RCH, tether... how do you guys climb and setup ...Do you hook your linemans strap/rope to the RCH when climbing, setting up ?

Im new to saddle hunting. Does the fleece saddle hold up and is it easy to make?

Search DIY Sportsman on YouTube - he has an excellent video on RCH and modding a simple length of climbing webbing for that exact purpose.

For my first saddle I picked up a cheap RCH from Amazon that had metal d-rings on the side that were perfect for lineman rope use. Used that with a SitDrag and then let my daughter use it. You could also go the battle belt route - I did a post a while back about the DIY lineman belt I put inside a battle belt. Will be using that with my Wraptor on a few hunts this year.

I used 2" webbing run through the rated loop on the back of RC, and then have loops sewn for lineman's hookup. They are just secured to the harness with zip ties and electrical tape to keep them easily accessible.
When I am at height, I have a piece of rope attached to the belay loop that runs up to my tether's biner, that is just slightly longer than my fleece bridge.

Back