• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing method

TheSurgeon

Has anyone ever tried pole climbing shoes? If so how do they work and can they be used as your platform as well?

Are your talking about climbing spurs? If so, yes many use them but, I don't know of anyone that uses them for a platform. In my experience with them it wouldn't be feasible. Search climbing spurs, spikes, or gaffs and you will have hours of reading with people's experiences.

Are your talking about climbing spurs? If so, yes many use them but, I don't know of anyone that uses them for a platform. In my experience with them it wouldn't be feasible. Search climbing spurs, spikes, or gaffs and you will have hours of reading with people's experiences.

These aren't climbing spurs here is a link

Pole-climbing shoes let you scale trees and poles in seconds - YouTube

These aren't climbing spurs here is a link

Pole-climbing shoes let you scale trees and poles in seconds - YouTube

Look up Boudreaux boswell on youtube he has fairly heavily modded and been using these for a little while now. That would be a good resource if these interest you

Here is a pretty comprehensive thread about them.

Back