• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing Platform Company?

OutdoorsmanMV

What are the chances that a company will produce a climbing platform specifically for saddle hunting within the next year?
ATA show is coming up...

It would have a sure fire way to secure it tight like a flip up post to strap it to the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping for the same thing. The LW is OK, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I think if someone came out with something that was a little easier to climb with, combined with an easy way to secure it at height you would see a lot more people gravitating toward this climbing method.

It would have a sure fire way to secure it tight like a flip up post to strap it to the tree.

Has anyone thought about taking the tree strap off the hand climber and putting it on their predator? Climb up with the strap then flip the predator post up and attach for a rock solid platform?

Not sure of that order but someone has put a flip up post on their lwhc. The search function here is worthless so I cant link it.

Has anyone thought about taking the tree strap off the hand climber and putting it on their predator? Climb up with the strap then flip the predator post up and attach for a rock solid platform?
The problem lies with the width. With the line wolf your pretty much limited to the width of the arms. The predator width isn’t wide enough.

Now it just needs a different type of band

Now it just needs a different type of band

I seen the summit band thought about doing the mod after season need some winter projects .. Does it make that big of a change climbing I do agree the lone wolf band does snag bark

Haha and y’all think the ambush is too expensive.

If someone could get insurance on a piece of equipment that you use to climb and then to stand on, and if they were able to make it weigh less than 7lbs, it would cost 600 bucks.

I still don’t understand the hand climber idea. It seems like it makes more sense to build a 1.5lb stick, and use one of the small platforms available. One stick climbing is about the same effort(for me anyway), and then just put the stick and platform on opposite sides of tree and be able to go all the way around the tree. Easier to go around a branch. Roughly the same weight. Roughly the same effort to pack.

Now, if the climber was like one giant eonpow climber than both feet went on, and going around a branch was as easy as twisting your ankles, that could be something...

I wish a company like Lone Wolf would just tweak what they have for the market.

After i played around with the hand climber and figured out it climbs great with the arms angled up to 50 degrees, I contacted lone wolf about building a new purpose built climber for saddle hunters. I told them about my bolt mod (Adrena mod) and how a bunch of us are climbing limbless trees, 30 feet in 4 minutes and hunting from it once at height. Besides thanking me for the info and creativity, All they said was " were not interested at this time"
As far as a company making a new one, I'm sure it's in the works because if built right it could pull double duty. Just like the old loggy bayou climbing treestand that could be used as a loc on. We shall see.

I echo @jbogg 's comment and really like @Punkin78 's mod.
@kyler1945 one stick climbing?

One stick climbing is where you put your stick on, climb up, set your tether and hang off it and then move the stick up the tree. It’s not that bad as it saves weight.

I do this with a 30’ tether so I have an additional safety factor. I had my stick drop partway down the tree once and it sucked. With a 30’ tether that’s not a problem!

After i played around with the hand climber and figured out it climbs great with the arms angled up to 50 degrees, I contacted lone wolf about building a new purpose built climber for saddle hunters. I told them about my bolt mod (Adrena mod) and how a bunch of us are climbing limbless trees, 30 feet in 4 minutes and hunting from it once at height. Besides thanking me for the info and creativity, All they said was " were not interested at this time"
As far as a company making a new one, I'm sure it's in the works because if built right it could pull double duty. Just like the old loggy bayou climbing treestand that could be used as a loc on. We shall see.

I was listening to backcountry bowhunters podcast, which is host by LW's creator son and they were talking about LWCG making saddles and saddle gear. I would bet they took your idea and ran with it. BTW, I've used the "Adrena Mod" and it's great. I am still not 100% confident that once at height taking my feet out of the stirrups isn't going to result in the platform losing it's bite on the tree, but for me it's a work in progress. Only hunted this way 2-3 times so far.

Back