• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing sling/runner as a short bridge for SRT configuration?

bowhunthard88

SH Member
So I will be using a climbing sling/runner as a short bridge for SRT climbing, prior to transitioning to my "hunting" saddle bridge. I want this to be removable, and I just wanted some input on how I should rig this.

I have two ideas:

First, a "W" configuration viewed as a doubled length, with the a carabiner hookup through the doubled center, the bottom "V"s through the saddle bridge loops, and then the outside loops back to the carabiner and the ends fed onto the carabiner.

Second, a triangle configuration with a doubled sling; run the sling across through each bridge loop, and then each end loop back up and onto the carabiner.

Thoughts? Just worried more about constriction on the second configuration, although it would really lock you into your saddle during climbing...

I run the carabiner through my right hand bridge loop then back through the left hand bridge loop and clip it to all the strands.

Last edited:
I run the carabiner through my right hand bridge loop then back through the left hand bridge loop and clip it to all the strands.

Looks like girth hitched to right bridge loop and carabiner? I've considered this option, just was trying to eliminate an additional carabiner! I would probably reverse bridge loops in this configuration, but that's personal preference dictated by storage efficiency.

Looks like girth hitched to right bridge loop and carabiner? I've considered this option, just was trying to eliminate an additional carabiner! I would probably reverse bridge loops in this configuration, but that's personal preference dictated by storage efficiency.
Yes. Girth hitched to bridge loop and carabiner. I just added a photo of how it is rigged. This keeps the carabiner away from the center of my bridge where my belay deviced is atttached with a carabiner so no clinking of the two together. With the carabiner, I don't have to step through my saddle with muddy boots. I use the short bridge while hunting and don't unclip any life support in the tree. It feels safer to me.

Last edited:
Back