• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing Spur Recommendations

Hutchison44

Alright guys I am very interested to get some feedback on climbing spurs! I have been on the fence about buying some and I have decided to take the leap. I have zero climbing experience with spurs but am comfortable with my saddle. Are they fine for big guys? I am 6’3 265. I appreciate any help on the subject!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and I are about the same size and I climb a lot being a lineman.Just get some help with your technique and practice a lot.Be safe.

I will look into this later but curious to what folks have to say. I have been hunting with climbing sticks and lock on’s for the last 5 years. To the point I am not comfortable in a climber. This year will be my first hunting from a saddle. If I enjoy it I will be very interested in climbing spurs down the road.

Back