• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing sticks and a single moveable aider question

onestringer

SH Member
I have been using sticks and a moveable aider the last few times out. Been using one I bought off amazon but reading on here about guys using their versa strap. Nice idea just one less thing to carry.

I haven’t climbed using the versa strap yet wanted some opinions before I do. As a side note when I climb I am attached with the lineman’s belt from the ground up and I carry some tubular webbing in my pack cause one of these days I am gonna drop my aider

How would the experienced people here use the movable aider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use my versa strap this way. You will have to experiment a little to figure which slot to use to get the length you want. I will try to explain this but I will text you some pics later that will probably make it much more clear. First, you will take the tag end of the strap and put it through one of the slots just enough that the last slot in the tale is sticking out the other side, just pick one to start. Now take that you have the tail run through a slot take the loop end of the versa strap and run it through the slot on the tale end and pull it all the way through. you have created a large loop to hang over the top of the stick. Now take the loop end and create a girth hitch for your foot and you are ready to go. You will have to play with step one using different slots to get the aider the length you need. Also tie a piece of bungee to your linemans loop, tie a small carabiner to the other end of the bungee and clip it to your aider so if it comes of your foot and you aren't holding it the thing won't fall to the ground.

I use my versa strap this way. You will have to experiment a little to figure which slot to use to get the length you want. I will try to explain this but I will text you some pics later that will probably make it much more clear. First, you will take the tag end of the strap and put it through one of the slots just enough that the last slot in the tale is sticking out the other side, just pick one to start. Now take that you have the tail run through a slot take the loop end of the versa strap and run it through the slot on the tale end and pull it all the way through. you have created a large loop to hang over the top of the stick. Now take the loop end and create a girth hitch for your foot and you are ready to go. You will have to play with step one using different slots to get the aider the length you need. Also tie a piece of bungee to your linemans loop, tie a small carabiner to the other end of the bungee and clip it to your aider so if it comes of your foot and you aren't holding it the thing won't fall to the ground.

Dude. Just text me a video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put a big loop in the top of your aider, hook it over the top two steps on stick, climb up to your stick. remove tether, climb to top, attach next stick, repeat the process.... very similar to what I use and show in my video without needing a carbineer.

I use this swaider style one on lone wolf sticks. I loop it over the top step and offset bracket. I have a shock cord to attach it to myself ala swaider style. I have 2 pieces of 8mm accessory cord jammed in the bottom of the foot. And a single piece in the top where it hangs over the stick. I use another piece of tubular webbing to cinch it instead of a castration band.

Attachments

• 20190109_222431.jpg
    20190109_222431.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 57
Back