• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing sticks or climbing spikes?

Skrause5

Which one do you guys prefer to use. Been thinking about buying climbing spikes for private land hunting.

Which one do you guys prefer to use. Been thinking about buying climbing spikes for private land hunting.
I don't have any spikes. But they're high on the list of things to buy. I think if you can put the time into them to get comfortable with them, there probably isn't a better more efficient method out there IMO. I would look into rappelling down using them. That way if you were to ever drop one, you aren't stuck at the top of the tree.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ya I hate carrying around the sticks and putting them up is kind of loud.

Ya I hate carrying around the sticks and putting them up is kind of loud.
Agreed. I just ordered some WE stepps to hopefully alleviate having to lug around these big LW sticks I have. Haven't committed to cutting them down yet I guess that will be my next move if I can't make it happen with the wild edge steps and a knaider swaider

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I tried spikes in my back yard. I had not used them but a handful of times and ended donating them to a young man, who went through lineman’s school. Too each there own. There is a definite learning curve using spikes.

Back