• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing with different saddle styles???

Chickenhawk

A few months ago I found this site. I am getting ready to order my first saddle kit. I need advice on what would be best for me.
1. I’m a huge fan of all day sits
2. Love the idea of the new web, looks crazy comfy
3. My true question, can the web style saddle be used with, spurs, wild edge steps, or a single stick with aider?

Please no bashing of any saddle brand, just looking for a little advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few months ago I found this site. I am getting ready to order my first saddle kit. I need advice on what would be best for me.
1. I’m a huge fan of all day sits
2. Love the idea of the new web, looks crazy comfy
3. My true question, can the web style saddle be used with, spurs, wild edge steps, or a single stick with aider?

Please no bashing of any saddle brand, just looking for a little advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes sir. You can use the web like any other saddle. It’s like a lazy boy. I’ve had one since 2003 and it’s really comfortable. I have used spurs, sticks, and SRT with mine.

Climbing method could be interchangeable between any saddle. I’ll let the web guys chime in as too pros & cons. I have contemplated the new web for my cold weather setup........ but for anything else it seems bulky to me

I use my web with a 1 stick/ aider rope-descender combo as well as straight up srt. I don't know how others rig their Web but I set up a secondary short bridge that connects to the linemans belt loops. As far as comfort it is hard to beat but that means more weight. I am a dawn until dusk sitter and have yet to find anything that offers this kind of comfort and stability.

Back