• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing with Guidos Web??

Recurveaholic

Has anyone figured out how to climb with the web where it is not so awkward or at least a little easier??

Has anyone figured out how to climb with the web where it is not so awkward or at least a little easier??
Leave the leg straps.nice and loose. It took some getting used to, but I used mine for 3 years for every gun sit i did...missed it yesterday honestly.

Sell it and get a hybrid.

Haha, If you can't do that, and you want to use the web as it's intended, I'd look into drilling out the rivets, and slotting the fork so you can slide it in and out. This will not affect the integrity of the harness protecting your life. It will make it slightly less annoying.

If you're willing to climb with a separate lineman's belt - buy one from @DanO at EWO. Leave the seat up while climbing, use your lineman's to climb up, deploy the seat when you're ready to clip into tether. This is how I ended using the web before I got a hybrid.

I have a buddy that has the Guidos Web and because of him I picked up the JX3. He had been climbing with it for years.

We did the changes Kyler just mentioned to it and it was night and day difference for him.

His brother has one now and they are starting to 1-stick exclusively with them too.

Sell it and get a hybrid.

Haha, If you can't do that, and you want to use the web as it's intended, I'd look into drilling out the rivets, and slotting the fork so you can slide it in and out. This will not affect the integrity of the harness protecting your life. It will make it slightly less annoying.

If you're willing to climb with a separate lineman's belt - buy one from @DanO at EWO. Leave the seat up while climbing, use your lineman's to climb up, deploy the seat when you're ready to clip into tether. This is how I ended using the web before I got a hybrid.
This is exactly what I was thinking just wanted to see if anyone had tried it successfully b4 jumping into another useless endeavor, thanks!!

I have a buddy that has the Guidos Web and because of him I picked up the JX3. He had been climbing with it for years.

We did the changes Kyler just mentioned to it and it was night and day difference for him.

His brother has one now and they are starting to 1-stick exclusively with them too.
Do they one stick with the seat down cause I don't see any other way they could and it looks like that might be annoying?

The other thing I felt helped was I placed my bolts several inches closer to each other so each step I didnt have to raise my leg as high...which really made a huge difference and honestly it was generally pretty cold and I was wearing bulkier clothes, so it helped all around.

Do they one stick with the seat down cause I don't see any other way they could and it looks like that might be annoying?

Yes, seat down. He hasn’t mentioned any issues with it. I one-stick with my JX3 and keep my seat down. When setting the next move I just sit down in the seat.

Back