• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbpaws on a Ratchet or Over Center Strap

justsomedude

Any one tried it?

I had an order for Top Paws that I cancelled.
They refunded me but forgot to cancel the shipment.
So today I got to check out some Top Paws.

They are REALLY comfortable.
I can see where standing on them for long hangs would be nice.
Seriously considering getting a full set to use instead of Climbing sticks (on Trees I haven't preset Tree Bolts).

I looked at mixing them on an Over Center Buckle strap with 4 Ameristep Strap steps.
The Climbpaws sit out a bit farther from the tree and would tend to make the neighboring Ameristeps wobble.
I can also imagine that they aren't designed to have all the stress of a Ratchet strap on them.
Not sure, but didn't want to screw these up so didn't try it.

I'm 100% sold on the over center buckle as opposed to a ratchet strap, but I'll talk more about that in that thread. Do you think that 4 or 5 top paws on a strap with the OC buckle would be a viable alternative to the ameristeps? How about bulk and weight?

Is hard to imagine wanting more than 4 on one strap.
They are surprisingly light. Most of the reported weight is the buckle and strap.

The inventor of Top Paws is a saddle Hunter.
I would imagine he has experimented with more than 2 steps as a platform.
I asked in an email...will see what they say

Back