• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Close call

swampsnyper

Trying to do too much and got tired. 3in lil tree started falling back to me so I dropped the saw to one hand and pushed the tree the other way with the other. Chain still had momentum when it swung around but my iPhone stopped it. Cut my draws but not a scratch on my skin. Done for the day.
210750bac5e51c236ac7641f7049325c.jpg

a45c0e403fa67b4bfba41943f60bb208.jpg

Woah that was a close one!! glad you’re alright!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be done, too.

That’ll definitely cause the ‘pucker factor’! Glad you’re ok! Things go bad when you least expect it! I was cutting a piece of steel with a dewalt grinder with a 4.5” cutting disc, blade caught, kicked back, and The disc made a straight shot the man-hood.... completely ruined my day haha! Glad that chainsaw didn’t grab ahold of you!

Ill take luck over skill any day lol! Glad your OK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had similar experience once a few years ago. Was driving into deer camp alone with the camper attached to the truck. Came around a corner and a big old beech was laying across the road. Couldn't back up because of the camper so I broke out the chainsaw and started in on it. I was cutting a 12" branch about shoulder height but because of the way it was laying I had to cut up from the bottom to keep the saw from getting pinched. When it let loose it knocked the chain off the saw and it slapped me high in the inside of the right thigh. Tore a big hole in my jeans but didn't leave a mark on me. Hit me hard enough to hurt though. That was one of those "I don't want to look but I know I have to" moments. As @Stickem said, I'll take luck over skill any day. Glad you're ok!

Last edited:
I probably should invest in some chaps. But I got spurs to buy so I can cut my leg 30ft up in a tree. I been doing a lot of chainsawing the last 2 years.

My friend who works at Magpul would not like how you told that story. :)

Glad to hear you're not injured.

I'm not seeing a design flaw. Does your iphone still work?

Phone still works! Just a little lighter. I figured since a few guys here been perforating their aluminum climbing sticks, I may as well perforate my aluminum phone to save an ounce. Adds grip as well. Anyone else have an ultra light phone?

Close one for sure! Cutting trees can get dangerous in a hurry, glad your alright!

Back