• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Close encounter of the SADDLE kind

Bntarrw

Was able to sneak out to start my 2023 season. Temp was in the low 60’s and 26 mph constant wind. Acorns were raining everywhere and then 20 minutes prior to sunset caught some movement and what this little guy walk in 2 yrs from my tree and he had no idea that I was just above him!!! I witness him for several minutes and trying to clear his nose with little snorts and scratching his nose with his hind leg.

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpeg
    IMG_0796.jpeg
    591.9 KB · Views: 100
Would it be unethical to fashion a noose on the end of ur rope and hang 1 to death?
Rodeo! We’ve got a whole new way of being tetherd.

I had a 4 pointer at 4 yards the other night and I couldn’t help but image using a spear.

I was 12ft up, the deer was 6ft from the base.....if I knew how tall that deer stood at the shoulder I could lay it out on the floor and know the exact distance or I could be lazy and ask some of these number wizards on the forum and they'd know and save me the time. Spear, lasso, or jump on her back were all viable options. I don't think the jump even would have hurt that bad. I could see the individual ticks around her eye and hear her breathing...

I tempted to jump on them every time that happens…
Ha! I feel the same way! Of course in my version I pull my knife out and put across my mouth and hold it with my teeth while I jump down. Just like like the old movies.

Last edited:
Back