• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cobra Folding tree steps!!!

rnomad

has any one used these steps. I found them in a bait store there really easy to screw into a tree. I was just wondering if anyone else has used them, and if they were any good or not?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 794
I've never heard of them, but they look just like the cranford ez steps which are the best screw in steps IMO (pricey though).

They are $5 ea and $15 for three on Ebay. Just thought I'd let everyone know. Theres things go in like butter. Its the easiest thing I've ever put into a tree.

They must be really similar to the Cranford t- step or any Cranford step for that matter. Nothing goes in a tree like a cranford

I really love how they fold up as well and you can fit a bunch into a small pocket. I'm telling you these steps can be folded and forced into the tree while folded to get it started. But you do not even need to do that. You can but it almost all the way in just screwing it into the tree folded up. It goes into the tree like so other and i do believe they make the tie on ones as well.

I just noticed this post so I realize it's a little late to respond. CFST are deathtraps in IMHO. The steps are short in length and VERY easy for you to slip off. The steel pin bends w/ any kind of side pressure. I've been using Cranford screw ins for over 20 years. Nothing beats them. Hold one of each side by side and you can see the difference. I still have few and every once in a while, 1 ends up in my bag. I make sure it's one of my bottom steps. They make me feel uncomfortable when standing on one at any kind of height. That's just my opinion. Others may feel different but you really can see the difference when both in you're hand at the same time. Cranfords are a much better product and worth the extra $. Stay Safe, Rob in Montana

1simplemann said:
I just noticed this post so I realize it's a little late to respond. CFST are deathtraps in IMHO. The steps are short in length and VERY easy for you to slip off. The steel pin bends w/ any kind of side pressure. I've been using Cranford screw ins for over 20 years. Nothing beats them. Hold one of each side by side and you can see the difference. I still have few and every once in a while, 1 ends up in my bag. I make sure it's one of my bottom steps. They make me feel uncomfortable when standing on one at any kind of height. That's just my opinion. Others may feel different but you really can see the difference when both in you're hand at the same time. Cranfords are a much better product and worth the extra $. Stay Safe, Rob in Montana

Thanks for the heads up Rob!

Back