• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Coc frustration

Waylon mark

Love my g5 montec 100g ,killed lots of deer with them some bloodtrails not great ,but now the have the new solid blade montec g3. I am stuck between them and the annihillator

Love my g5 montec 100g ,killed lots of deer with them some bloodtrails not great ,but now the have the new solid blade montec g3. I am stuck between them and the annihillator
Watch the 6:30 mark for blood trail comments and make your own decision. Btw, there are many others out there saying the same thing.

I agree with afraid to ask

Sounds a little personal & never had an issue in that area so can’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with afraid to ask

Sounds a little personal & never had an issue in that area so can’t help

I get unlucky my 10 pnt this year got it in one lung and cut the bottom of his heart went from walking blood to scanning for blood in 50 yd then none jumped him about 200 yd away ,found him the next day by luck he only ran another 50 yd but that deer stayed alive over 3 hour with a clipped heart

Screenshot_20200307-221318_Snapchat.jpgthis is what my exit looked like on that buck idk he was rutting hard I think that mucus stuff they get under the skin blocked the blood

Hard to believe that buck didnt pile up quickly. That looks like a well placed exit hole.

Check out this exit. I found him alive after over an hours wait. Center body entrance, liver and one lung. Barley missed the heart. Also a COC (Iron Will solid 125). Not the BH’s though, two holes are definitely better than one. They can really make it a long time on one lung. This was a mature Axis buck, they are the toughest of the deer species from my experience.

I was unable to get another arrow in him but managed to slip out. Returned 6 hours later and found him dead about 25 yards from his first bed.

8e13293fc58e67163910173aee1ff6c5.png

Last edited:
I don't wanna be this guy, but a tuned bow should shoot both broadheads the same. I'd say try both. But for fiscally conservative purposes, go with the montecs m3s. You're used to the originals, and blood trails are unpredictable for any broadhead.

Back