• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Combo climbing

BigAl

Any one tried 1stepp with a 5 step aider on 1 stepp then bullman steps for a light weight low bulk way of climbing. Bullmans are attractive for weight and bulk and spacing really helps...6 steps for going on up. 1 stepp cammed 7ft to 8ft and a 5 step aider at the base only keeping a less risk use of the aider up higher. One could use the stepp bag to carry it all. I haven't tried this myself but I have to get some straps ordered for 6 bullmans I have.......is this crazy idea. 15 to 18 feet should be feasible. One pouch of gear.

I did it with squirrel steps once last year, not worth it. Save yourself some trouble and just girth hitch the etrier and "single stick"up, and rappel down.
297764082815da73726666a775607e40.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve been wondering on the 1 stepp with aider or knaider/swaider or knaider/double swaider...

Did this last season with squirrel steps. Modified it by just using a knaider to provide a little more stability. Not my video btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not limber enough for 1 stick. And I really don't think I can get used to 1 stick. Repelling is good and safe but more stuff in my pack unless I do one stick. One WE Stepps and aider is what I think I will practice as soon as I get my straps 8ft for large trees and I do have hawk helium sticks as back up.

I'm not limber enough for 1 stick. And I really don't think I can get used to 1 stick. Repelling is good and safe but more stuff in my pack unless I do one stick. One WE Stepps and aider is what I think I will practice as soon as I get my straps 8ft for large trees and I do have hawk helium sticks as back up.
Arthritis is a pain.....but I'm still hunting. LOL

Wrap your stepp in camoform, and put zip ties on it, so you can keep your aider from sliding.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Back