• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Corn Stalker

swampbuck

Anybody gotten their hands on one? (http://www.corn-stalker.com/)

I'd sure like to add one to my bag of tricks. I continue to finding areas that are treeless and parking it on the ground kinda handicaps you.

I just got the kit in the mail yesterday but haven’t opened it yet. The guys from corn stalker seem like good dudes and answered any questions I had. I’m using mine for rifle season which is why I’m not in a hurry to open it. I still have a few weeks to get it ready to go.

Looks sweet but man that price $340 for the painted version is steep.
You can pick up the little giant below for $140 and a can of spray paint for $5. and have something similar for $145. I'm sure you could mod a seat and lager feet and still be under $200.

My old man man used to make ladder stands out of aluminum extension ladders. He made a seat on the top out of some aluminum angle and plywood. They were lighter than any ladder stand and you never had to worry about the stand rusting away. Putting them up was 100% safer than a traditional ladder stand too, It didn't take an army and a prayer to lift them up or secure them.

As a homeowner, I can justify the ladder purchase ... but yeah, I agree when you add it all up it's a bit $$$.

It looks like the extruded aluminum parts on the seat kit would be difficult to locate in order to DIY your own seat.

1666619859001.png

As a homeowner, I can justify the ladder purchase ... but yeah, I agree when you add it all up it's a bit $$$.

It looks like the extruded aluminum parts on the seat kit would be difficult to locate in order to DIY your own seat.

View attachment 74523
I would think some aluminum angle and some plywood with a foam seat glued on would suffice. Seat wouldn't need to fold down.

Well I opened up the box this this morning and there are a lot of 3D printed parts. I’m not a fan of 3D printed parts as they will undoubtedly break at some point and probably when you don’t want them too. The feet, the brackets, spacers are all 3D printed. All the aluminum pieces are very nice, no sharp edges anywhere and everything is buffed smooth. The rubber mat for the platform is a nice touch and the foam seat should work well enough though I’d want a thicker pad if I was sitting all day.

I’m on the hunt for a ladder on the local economy but I’m not holding my breath that Lowe’s or Menards will have one. I’ll update my progress if/when I find a ladder and get it together.

By the way, I did buy this through Dan-O and it is drop shipped directly from Corn Stalker. They will also email you the PDF instructions as your package will not include printed instructions.

Dano was selling those last I looked, so you could support a business that takes care of his customers. Always fast shipping.
If you click order on the page linked by OP it redirects to Dano/ EWO for the e-storefront.

To be completely honest, my ignorant self thought it was an April fool's joke at first, but that's more due to my ignorance of hunting Ag not any real knock on the product.

Back