• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cornhole

jlh42581

How many of you all are big on cornhole? Anyone an ACL or ACO pro? What bags do you like?

Thought up a new party bracket this morning
  • Main bracket is the cornhole bracket, single elimination blind doubles (draw for teams with cards)
  • Losers bracket is not cornhole, its beer pong
  • Losers bracket winner faces main bracket winner and must beat them twice to take over the win!

I can't remember the first time I saw Cornhole but I was confused first time seeing it....when I was a kid we played holey board. Cornhole is like an easy version....holey board was 3 holes in a rectangular box but the box laid flat on the ground and was covered in that outdoor green carpet. U threw big washers. The adults threw from behind the box and us youngsters threw from the front of the box standing on top of it.. Holey board was always secondary to horseshoes but that is what we played when there were kids not strong enough to throw horseshoes or lawn darts....lawn darts first dabble into FOC without even knowing it...hehehe

I have lots of great memories watching my great grandpop and his buddies throwing shoes...I was allowed to keep score and pick up the shoes for them

Our house has horseshoe pits from the previous owner. Unfortunately I never ended up learning and practicing, although I maintained the pits. We are in the process of buying a house out of town so I guess its a little late to play on them.

I've been known to enjoy various games of tossing an object into another, particularly with a beverage in hand, however never took it too seriously. Quoits is a fun one as well, though horseshoes, can jam, Cornhole, bocce, you name it (and hand me a beer), I'll play ya.

I can't remember the first time I saw Cornhole but I was confused first time seeing it....when I was a kid we played holey board. Cornhole is like an easy version....holey board was 3 holes in a rectangular box but the box laid flat on the ground and was covered in that outdoor green carpet. U threw big washers. The adults threw from behind the box and us youngsters threw from the front of the box standing on top of it.. Holey board was always secondary to horseshoes but that is what we played when there were kids not strong enough to throw horseshoes or lawn darts....lawn darts first dabble into FOC without even knowing it...hehehe
Interesting.. I never heard of that one. We play washers which sounded similar until I looked it up.

1661796694949.jpeg

Back