• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Coyote

HalfsackZac

Brand new to the form and brand new to the saddle. Got my Tethrd Phantom about two weeks ago. Deer season has been a bust so far. Just a blur of passing up 2,4 and 6 pointers waiting for at least an 8 bigger then the one I got last year but I did fill a bucket list. First hunt in an area I save for the rut and about 30 min before dark two yotes came in to knock around in a brush pile that a coin was in. After about 10 min they scared the coon up a tree and the female yote came towards me and gave me a 25 yard shot through a couple bushes. I put it just behind her shoulder and she ran 20 yards and dropped. Always wanted to get a coyote with a bow! So buck or not this year has been a win! Can’t wait to master the saddle and hopefully post when I shoot that big Iowa monster I dream of every year.

A bow bagged Coyote is a true trophy indeed!! Congrats! Pics would be even better!!

First time adding a photo I hope I did it right. And thank you for the congratulations. I am pretty excited about it!

Back